From time to time it’s worthwhile to stop and take stock of your life. Since the current year is about to appear in the rear view mirror, now is an excellent time to do some personal reflection.
One way to deepen your learning from the past and move forward with purposeful action in the future is by asking a few good questions!
A good question…
- Causes us to think more deeply.
- Increases self-awareness.
- Creates clarity about next steps.
- Gives the opportunity to figure out our “yeses” and “nos”
- Helps us test our assumptions and adjust our perspective.
- Helps us get unstuck and start moving again.
Your mission if you choose to accept it:
Take some time this next week, find a quiet spot and write or type your way through the answers to these thought provoking questions. This exercise is intended to help you live with greater purpose and more passion.
10 Questions to Help You Refocus Your Life
- What have been your 3 greatest strengths this past year? (Two places to look: What do people come to you for advice about? What skill(s) do you feel strong while using?)
- How would you like your life to be different one year from now? Be specific.
- What are the roadblocks keeping you from getting there?
- What will you need to say “yes” to be who you want to be one year from now?
- What will you need to say “no” to in order to accomplish your “yeses”?
- Who will help you get to where you want to go? (a mentor, a resource, some new learning, outside help, etc.)
- What do you need to say or do to increase the love and respect you are experiencing with those closest to you? (spouse, children, family members, close friends).
- Are there any people you need to forgive or be reconciled with? If so, what will you do to make that happen?
- What limiting beliefs are holding you back from being all you could be and being fully alive? (Where has your thinking gotten off track?)
- What are the truth statements you need to say to yourself to replace the limiting thoughts and beliefs?
Bonus question: What can you do in the next 90 days that will make a 50% difference in your life and work?
Image source: Free image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
To receive each new post by email when they come out, enter your email address on the top right at www.camtaylor.net. And I welcome your comments!